Mobility Week 2017
Join us in celebrating the second annual CENTRAL FLORIDA MOBILITY WEEK from October 28 – November 3, 2017.
During Mobility Week, counties, cities and transportation agencies host events to promote safe and sustainable transportation choices. It is an ideal time for agencies to highlight transportation achievements, roll out new initiatives or implement new policies.
What Moves You?
Mobility Week is also an opportunity for residents to explore the various transportation choices available to them. The theme for Mobility Week 2017 is “What Moves You?” Are you riding the bus or train to work? Are you walking or biking with your kids to the park? Are you forming a bicycle or walking group to go to your neighborhood school to promote pedestrian and bicycle safety?
Let us know what moves you by sending photos of your sustainable transportation activities during Mobility Week to email@example.com for a chance to win prizes.
Looking Back at Mobility Week 2016
The annual Mobility Week initiative was successfully launched in the fall of 2016. During the inaugural event, 16 Central Florida agencies hosted 19 events, the highlights of which are listed below. Click here for a summary of Mobility Week 2016 events.
Are you a Public Agency or a Non-Profit?
All agencies from the nine-county region in Central Florida (Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia), are invited to participate in Mobility Week 2017. To take part, each participating agency must meet one of the two criteria:
- Organize an event during Mobility Week. The event can take any form from training, to information booths to games to public lectures as long as they are related to promoting safe and sustainable transportation.
- Implement measures that contribute to creating awareness of various transportation options or assist people with switching from driving alone to other transportation modes.
To register your agency, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an Interested Participant or Employer?
Interested participants or employers can participate in any of the following ways:
- Take the “Mix-It-Up Challenge”. Log your trips to earn points, badges and prizes.
- Attend events hosted by local agencies that are in your location or topic of interest.
- Organize an event, activity or training* that promotes walking, cycling or transit.
*Cycling Savvy is offering discounted training sessions for employers interested in hosting bicycle safety. For more information email us at email@example.com.